It all started back in 1998 in Tuheljske Toplice in Croatia, the first CEC ever. Over the course of the years, it has been decided to create a team of people that will be managing all necessary agenda. This happened at the meeting of national secretaries in 2012 in Vienna, Austria. Countries also agreed to form a Regional Initiative that would be called Central European Region and managed by the elected team. The countries that participated in founding of IAESTE Central European Region are the following IAESTE member countries: Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia and Slovenia.
Since its creation, IAESTE Central European Region has not only expanded a lot, but helped personal development of its IAESTE members in many ways.
Today, it continues to be a proof that IAESTE doesn’t offer only loads of work experience, but also opportunities to improve personal skills. Members can participate and get involved in international projects and events, and most importantly build and maintain friendships with people from all around the world.
What does being in CER bring you?
FOR MEMBER COUNTRIES
- working and cooperating together with other CER member countries
- opportunity to improve IAESTE in your country by seeing how IAESTE works in other countries
- chance to promote your national events in other member countries
- chance to cooperate on many international projects
- chance to meet with other IAESTE countries in one of our working groups
- international network
- getting experience on international level
- working on international projects
- improving your communication skills by attending meetings with people from different countries
- improving your leadership skills by leading workshops, meetings etc.
- promoting, improving and supporting the IAESTE internship exchange program and other national/international IAESTE projects